Looks so pretty, tastes so good and is an easy treat to pull out of the freezer when you have friends over or have a craving for something naughty.
1. Start by pouring boiling water over 1 cup raw/The Activated Nut Company activated cashews to soften, set aside.
2. For the bottom layer simply blend until sticky but slightly chunky, 1 cup medjool dates (pits removed), 1 cup roasted hazelnuts, 1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut, 3 tablespoons coconut oil and 1 1/2 tbsp raw cacao or cocoa powder. Press down into a lined loaf tin and place in freezer while you make the next layer.
3. Clean your food processor, then blend your 1 cup soaked cashews, 1/3 cup coconut cream, 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, 2 tbsp coconut nectar/maple syrup/rice malt syrup and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Blend until as smooth as you can, adding a little more coconut cream if needed. This may take some time, but keep scraping down the sides and blending until you get a smooth, but slightly chunky consistency. Pour over the bottom layer, smooth over and place in freezer once again.
4. For the final layer, blend 170g fresh of thawed blackberries (set aside 8-10 berries to keep whole), 1 tbsp coconut nectar/maple syrup/rice malt syrup, 1/2 cup coconut cream and 1/2 cup desiccated coconut. Blend until smooth, then add your whole blackberries and gently stir in. Make sure that the cashew layer is firm before pouring the top layer over. Leave in freezer for at least 15 mins.
5. Pour over your blackberry layer, then place in freezer to set for at least 4 hours. Remove from freezer and allow to thaw for 20 mins, then slice.
You can use any fruit you like with this slice, raspberry would be delicious too!!